Recruiting the right employees into the right job is essential to the success of any business, but all too frequently it becomes apparent that the seemingly “ideal” employee is not actually the person for the job. Recruitment issues are surprisingly common.
James House HR can help you ensure that you find the right employee(s) by:
- Reviewing the organisational structure, identifying gaps in resource and skills.
- Drafting realistic job descriptions and person specifications so that all parties are aware of exactly what is required.
- Advising on suitable recruitment methods, including whether you need to engage a recruitment agency.
- Assisting with short-listing potential candidates.
- Providing support during the interview process.
- Preparing offer letters and contracts of employment.
- Ensuring that your organisation meets all of the legal issues in recruitment and selection
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really need a job description?
Developing a job description can really help you to establish what you need the employee to do. It’s also a useful tool for candidates to use to consider whether this is really the job for them. By using a job description as a basis for a job advert and to send to candidates prior to interview, you may have fewer candidates, but they should be better quality and you should have far fewer problems with the recruitment and selection process.
What is a person specification?
A person specification is the employers “shopping list” for the skills and attributes for potential candidates. Divided into “essential” and “desirable”, a person specification helps you to ensure that the candidate actually has the skills you need. It’s all too easy to recruit a candidate just because you like them, but later find that they do not have the skills that you need to properly fulfill the role.
What about salary levels?
James House HR can provide you with advice on salary levels together with remuneration and benefits packages.